Learn How To Make Chingri Macher Malaikari Recipe from Chef Smita Deo only on Get Curried. Make this Prawns Malai Curry Recipe, a simple, quick and easy method of Prawn Malaikari Recipe, the Best Bengali Fish Curry at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below.
500 gms. Large prawns
1 medium onion, ground to a paste
3 pods of garlic, chopped
1 tsp. Ginger paste
10 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp. Sugar
2 cups of coconut milk
4 Bay leaves
4 Green cardamoms
2 tsp. Chilli powder
Salt, to taste
3 tbsp. Mustard oil
1. Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes and fry them golden.
2. In the same oil add the garlic and when the flavour is consumed by the oil remove the garlic and add the bay leaves.
3. Add the cardamom, cloves and the cinnamon and add the bay leaves.
4. Add the onion and the sugar and sauté till the oil separates.
5. Add the ginger paste and cook.
6. Add the coconut milk and 1 cup of water and stir continuously.
7. Add the chilli powder, salt and stir continuously.
8. When the gravy boils add the prawns and cook on a low flame till the curry turns creamy.
9. Serve with steamed rice.
Prawns Malai Curry is ready to eat!