Learn how to make Maharashtrian style crispy Prawns / Kolambi fry recipe from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Prawns Fry is a very easy & quick fish recipe where Prawns are marinated in Indian spices and later shallow fried.
1 Cup Prawns / Kolambi
1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
10-12 Garlic Cloves
1 Small Piece of Ginger
1 tbsp Mix Masala
1/2 Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Semolina
Oil for frying
- In a mixer grinder add coriander leaves, garlic, ginger & little water. Grind everything to a smooth paste. Masala paste for prawns is ready.
- In a flat bowl add prawns, mix masala, salt, masala paste & lemon juice. Coat the prawns with all the spices.
- Heat some oil for shallow frying.
- One by one coat the prawns in semolina and shallow fry them in medium hot oil.
- Fry them on both sides on golden brown color.
- Remove them on a plate & serve hot.