Learn how to make Maharashtrian style spicy Tawa Kolambi masala recipe from our chef Smita Deo on Ruchkar Mejwani. This is a quick and easy Prawns Fry recipe cooked on iron tawa (pan) where prawns are tossed in spicy Maharashtrian masala.
1/2 kg Prawns / Kolambi
3-4 tbsp Oil
4 Onions, chopped
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
Salt to taste
5 Green Chillies
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
- Heat some oil on an iron tawa.
- Add chopped onions. Saute well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, green chillies. Mix everything well.
- Add the prawns. Saute everything well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala & salt. Mix well.
- Add kokam and saute well for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot!