Learn How To Make Prawn Pulao, an Indian Fish and Rice Recipe, from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried. Make Easy Shrimp Pulao Recipe in a simple, quick and easy method, at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below.
1 cup Basmati rice (soaked for 20 minutes)
2 cups Water
15 Prawns, cleaned and deveined
2 Bay leaves
6 Whole Black Pepper Corns
3 Cinnamon Sticks
Salt, to taste
1 tsp. Turmeric powder
1 tsp. Red chilli powder
2 tbsp. Oil
1 tbsp. Ginger, garlic and green chilli paste
½ cup Onion, chopped
¼ cup Tomato, chopped
¼ cup Coriander leaves
¼ cup Fresh coconut, grated
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, onion, salt and fry until the onions are golden brown in colour.
- Add the crushed ginger, garlic and green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and stir until the raw smell of the ginger-garlic goes away.
- Now add the chopped tomato, prawns and stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add the soaked rice and stir gently.
- Add water to this and boil on high flame. Once the water on the surface dries up, lower the flame and cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Prawns Pulao is ready to eat! HAPPY COOKING!!!
This footage is part of the professionally-shot broadcast stock footage archive of Wilderness Films India Ltd., the largest collection of HD imagery from South Asia. The Wilderness Films India collection comprises of tens of thousands of hours of high quality broadcast imagery, mostly shot on HDCAM / SR 1080i High Definition, Alexa, SR, HDV and XDCAM. Write to us for licensing this footage on a broadcast format, for use in your production! We are happy to be commissioned to film for you or else provide you with broadcast crewing and production solutions across South Asia. We pride ourselves in bringing the best of India and South Asia to the world… Reach us at rupindang @ gmail . com and email@example.com.
Switch to our mobile site